A Top Home Improvement Project to Tackle in the Fall—Kitchen Remodeling
There is a reason that the kitchen is commonly referred to as “the heart of the home.” It is the room where many family memories are made—the center of all holiday festivities as well as day-to-day life.
When it comes to remodeling a home, the kitchen is one of the most popular rooms to get a facelift or a completely re-imagined re-design. This comes as no surprise to us as the national average for re-couping investment is at 74.2% for a kitchen remodel project. If you are excited and ready to begin, then we would like to share some information and tips you might want to consider when tackling a kitchen renovation. There is more to it than the demolition of materials from decades past and installing new, modern materials for the future. This is an opportunity to really think about your lifestyle’s needs and design a space with function, in addition to aesthetics, in mind.
According to a National Association of Realtors report, a complete kitchen renovation is ranked as the highest-appealing project to buyers and carries the highest value for home’s resale.
Before signing an agreement with a contractor like Go Pro Construction, it is imperative that ask thoughtful questions that get to the heart of how you envision your space. What does your dream kitchen look like? What are the necessary components for your space to function in a way that easily fits into your lifestyle, instead of being just one more thing you must workaround? What are the non-negotiable “must-haves” you need in your new space? What would be nice to have, but not required? What is your budget? Most kitchen remodels include discussions and choices that need to be made for the following materials:
- Kitchen Cabinets – pre-fabricated or custom? Pantry?
- Countertops – natural stone, quartz, butcher block, formica, porcelain, etc.?
- Backsplash – natural stone, quartz, tiles, mosaics, etc.?
- Sink(s) – Stainless steel, quartz composite, granite composite, porcelain, cast iron, etc.?
- Hardware – style (knobs v. pulls), finish (chrome, nickel, brass, bronze, black – matte, brushed or polished?)
- Appliances – finish (white, black, stainless steel, black stainless steel)?
- Flooring – tiles, hardwoods, laminate, luxury plank vinyl?
- Technology – Are there any places within the kitchen you’d like to incorporate today’s technology? A fridge with a screen? Electrical outlets that pop up or push down, with USB ports also included? A smart-range?
- Quality – High-end finishes, middle-grade, or builder-grade?
These are all questions that are “food for thought” for you to discuss internally as a family and then make sure to share your expectations with your contractor and project manager. These specific and thoughtful questions will help everyone throughout the entire process, from start-to-finish.
The kitchen is where we have family meals together, and it can be a place where you and your family can bond, laugh, and share. Go Pro Construction can help turn your “dream kitchen” into your “real-life” kitchen.